Monday, February 4, 2013

Love, Charlotte: A Deborah Lippmann Dupe Alert!

I'm not a snob when it comes to nail polish brands.  I've tried some expensive polishes and struggled with the formula and have tried others that were incredible.  The same can be said for less expensive i.e. drugstore brands (there is one brand, I'll post about in the coming weeks, that I feel is extremely under-promoted).
So, if I can find a less expensive version of a higher end polish I love, I'll certainly give it a shot.  And that's where this unnamed bottle of love, charlotte comes in.


For a long time Sea Dust, the Urban Outfitters version of Deborah Lippmann's Mermaid's Dream, sat on my wishlist.  It seemed a more reasonable option to try cost-wise to determine whether I wanted to spring for the real thing.  Mermaid's Dream is on my wishlist too, because it's beautiful!  However there are no Urban Outfitters in my area, so when I happened upon this polish for $3.50 at Charlotte Russe I was excited to try it.

I wish I could do a comparison to either the Mermaid's Dream or Sea Dust but since I don't have either, you'll have to let me know what you think.  The formula was pretty easy to work with and I used three thin coats for the pictures.  Dry time was quick, but a little gritty with the glitter, so I added a coat of Poshe.  The color seems pretty close to me, but here are the swatches! 





Disclaimer: Since we are just getting started we are learning about lighting and such. Please bear with us as we get better at the photography. Thanks! 
This pretty polish was purchased by me, to appease me until I can get my paws on the real Mermaid's Dream!

11 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous teal glitter polish. Deborah Lippmann dupes are always a good thing if the recipe is right. Deborah Lippmann can be so costly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The color is so difficult to capture, lots of complexity!

      Delete
  2. Hi!! I thought I would let you know that I have nominated you for a Liebster Award!

    http://chrystalizednails.blogspot.com/2013/02/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color is so pretty! Perfect for the start of spring and I love how many colors you can see ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! I have the UO version, which I love. I will have to keep an eye out for this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! For the price, I definitely think it's worth grabbing. Does the UO version have any gold shimmer in it? I'm so curious how they compare!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing! I didn't know Charlotte Russe sold nail polish! I'll be sure to check this out next time I'm at the mall :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never looked at any of their polishes closely. I don't go in there very often, but then there it was just staring at me! It looks much more complex in person, definitely check it out :)

      Delete
  6. So, I find this post after my last comment? LOL, definitely a DL dupe! I love the original but I don't think I could tell between them xx

    ReplyDelete